Before I started vision boarding, (Yes I believe in vision boarding. I hosted a vision boarding partay and it was LIT!) Anyway, before vision boarding, I just wrote out my goals on a sheet of paper. Then it turned into a goal doc; I would type a bulleted list of all my goals for the year. Then my goals got more detailed, with details, progress reports, and dates of accomplishment highlighted in pink.
Should I tell people my goals?
The first step to making a goal is writing it down and giving it life. For some goals, I have never mentioned them to anyone, it’s just between me, my goal list, and God. For other goals, I’m shouting it to everyone I know, because I want my family and friends to keep me accountable. Like when I said I was moving to a new state. I told everyone I was getting a new job and moving to a new state in a year. I said it sooo much that everyone who saw me kept asking about my move. That kept me motivated to keep grinding. Then I finally found a new job and moved to Atlanta.
Vision Board, New Years Resolutions and Everything Inbetween
For your entertainment, check out my actual Goals List from several years ago (copied and pasted from my google doc with a few personal deets omitted) I love looking back and seeing how much I’ve grown. There are still some things I’m working on. The 5k run has not happened yet ya’ll :-(, boo! Someone, please help me train for this one. Anyway, I’m proud of what I have accomplished, and I’m deciding if the other goals even matter anymore. It just feels soooo good to check stuff off my list and say I did that awesome thing that I wanted to do. Woot woot!
Financial Growth and understanding
- Increase savings – (I saved $ then I used it all 🙄)
- Buy $500 worth of stock – (didn’t even attempt this, maybe next year) –> I wish I had bought it!
- Budget – Eat out only twice every two weeks (Did well here, because of T and being more frugal)
- Eat homemade meals more often
- Workout 3 days a week – (for at least half of the year 😄)
- Run a 5K by October – (did not happen 🙁)
- Accept and enjoy where I am in my life (It is a process, but I actually got there by the end of the year)
- Spend times with friends – (always, even with a bf)
- Try new things – (T really helped with this 😍)
- 1 photo of myself a day – (I did not do this. I want to try this out next year) –> I still haven’t done this lol
- Find/date my future husband (Possibly- I started dating T and I see us having a future and getting married in the future) –> Love reading past goals. We actually got married! haha 😂😂😂
Travel – Great trips
- Taste of Chicago
- North Carolina
Overall 2017 was a great year. There were several travels, a new relationship, and a better understanding of my job. I started making more money and learning how to manage my money better. In the last quarter of the year, I started to pay off my credit card. I went on a few great trips and I spent a ton of money traveling. It was worth it.
I love looking back at my goals and vision boards years later. It’s like reading a diary of everything I accomplished and all the crazy thoughts I had along the way. I hope writing your goals helps you achieve everything you dream! 💛 💛 💛